Assam Tea is world famous and its history goes back almost two centuries ago even before British started ruling India. The state of Assam is dominated by the Brahmaputra River, Assam valley has a deep and sandy soil and a relatively dry and cool winter which is an great advantage for tea plantation in this state. There are almost 800 beautiful tea estates across the state. And these tea estates produce more than 2,000,000 pounds of tea every year.
TEA TOUR Highlights:
- Tour through the lush Tea Estates of Assam. Experience how different varieties of tea are processed in surrounding plantations.
- Experience of a Tea Tasting session
- Visit to the Singpho tribal village known for its traditional organic tea.
- Enjoy a local dance performance.
- Nature Walk at Jokai Reserve Forest
- Spend a day out on one of the numerous islands of River Brahmaputra, the 2nd longest and one of the least polluted rivers in the world.
- Visit to Oil Museum in Digboi, the first oil town in South Asia
- Visit the Ahom monuments and temples at Sivasagar
- Visit Majuli – the largest inhabited river island in the world
Visit to tea factory is subject to being operational on the day of the visit. There is no tea plucking between December till mid March and hence the actual manufacturing process of tea cannot be demonstrated when one visits the factory during this period. Factory also remains closed on Monday’s of the week.
For 7N/8D Unforgettable Tea tour itinerary, please feel free to call/whatsapp us at 9643776179.